All of our classes have been running live online since 24th March. We have a stable, interactive feed, with instructor-student interaction just as we would in our regular sessions.
Let’s not forget the importance of looking after one’s mental health in these challenging times. Enjoy the fresh air and sunshine of the beautiful spring weather to exercise, whilst maintaining a safe distance from others. And indoors, follow the sessions, watch the details, check the technique and practise safely.
- Use common sense
- Be mindful of your surroundings
- Consider your neighbours
- Try not to stamp
- Practise is in basics and kata (patterns)
- No kumite (partner work/sparring)
- Restrained/quiet kiais (shouting)
- Wash hands before and after training and/or use sanitiser
- Try not to touch your face or anything else
- Have tissues at hand, then dispose and sanitise
- Keep a face towel to hand instead of using sleeve
- Wash gi after every session
- If practising outdoors, use suncream
- Stay hydrated but avoid public water fountains
- Maintain a distance of at least 2m away from others
- Parents should monitor their children during practise
Keep up to date
Feel free to reach out via the contact form. Email is still the best method of contact for club members and I will send session weblinks and updates using this method so make sure the club email address is added to your email whitelist, and Follow our Twitter and Facebook accounts @Shiranamikai
Stay safe, stay in touch, and keep practising!